Integrate osTicket Into Your WordPress Site WIth Key4ce osTicket Bridge
This weeks Plugin of the Week brings us to a plugin that we have been searching a long time for. This simple plugin allows users to integrate osTicket, a php based support and ticketing system directly into their WordPress blog.
OsTicket in fact is one of the most popular customer support ticketing systems available on the net. To top it all off osTicket is FREE.
We installed and setup OsTicket for this site some time ago but ran into problems with direct integration into WordPress. But this new osTicket Bridge has come in handy to fix this issue.
The authors at Key4ce (KeyForce) have taken the original osTicket WP Bridge plugin, which has not been updated since March of 2014, and updated the Bridge to be compatible with the latest version of osTicket. Along the way they also added some new features, fixed several security issues and updated numerous features.
- Version: 1.2.5
- Authors: Key4ce, m.tiggelaar
- WordPress Compatability: 4.0.1
- Last Updated: 12-01-2014
- Average 5-Star Rating: NR
This is a rebuild of the original OSTicket WP Bridge plugin Because the original plugin was no longer developped we desided to make a new plugin out of it. adding new features, fixing old bugs and security flaws.
- Compatible with osTicket 1.9.x
- POP / IMAP functionality stays intact
- You can use both osTicket scp, reply to email OR use WordPress for all tickets
- Integrates with your WordPress users
- Good workflow of Open, Answered and Closed tickets.
- Contact form shortcode
- Multiple file attachments
- HTML Email templates.
- Admin and Department signatures from osTicket.
- Create ticket as Admin.
Features scheduled for next release:
- Improved admin ticket create auto complete for osTicket DB, WP Database AND input own email.
- Add Topic functionality to create tickets.
- Multi language
- CSS and Code prefixing to avoid issues with others
- Ticket user linked to WP / Woo Commerce users.
Why We Like Key4ce osTicket Bridge
The authors have been making significant updates to this plugin over the last several months. They are relatively new authors, (only this one plugin I believe), but it is nice to see them working hard to improve upon the something that was a long time coming. Integration between WordPress and other programs such as osTicket can make a great deal of difference in the overall functionality of a website.
We tested various WordPress plugin based ticket systems in the past and found them to be generally lacking in one way or another. Many ticket support plugins do not offer the same level of functionality, support and ease of use as osTicket. These are the reasons we went with osTicket in the first place as our ticket system of choice. Now we can work on integrating it directly into our WordPress sites thanks to Key4ce.
Check out the changes and updates below:
- osticket 1.9.4 support added
- added osticket version selection
- Open ticket count fixed
- Option to enable ticket close for client
- Client layout fixed
- Client main page fixed
- Small other changes in code.
- Admin can create tickets with auto search in WP Database.
- Mass close tickets on client ticket listing.
- Shortcode for viewing open tickets
- File attachment error in Admin fixed.
- Bugged users will now be automatically updated and fixed.
- contact form bug fixed.
- Multiple file attachments
- File attachment location from osTicket
- mysql query fix
- contact form sender name and email fix.
- minor issues fixed.
- updated installations (Contributed by: DivaVocals)
- Single file Attachments
- File Attachement configuration based on OSticket(Filesize,File Type,File Attachement enable/disable)
- Corrected Admin ticket counting (Open,Closed,Answered,All)
- HTML Email Template
- Admin and Department Signature in Email template (based up on osTicket signature)
- Mass delete/ Close tickets from Admin ticket listing
- Fixed names in ticket thread
- Fixed time equal to osTicket settings.
- Tested with WordPress 4.0
- Shortcode for Contact style form with captcha
- Shortcode placement fix for ticket list and ticket create
- CSS/ JS inclusion fix ** Submitted by Steffen Andre Langnes **
- Login Redirect ** Submitted by Steffen Andre Langnes **
- Prefix fix for existing plugin users
- mysql DB errors fixed
- RevSlider conflict fixed
- Activate / Deactivate warning messages fixed.
- If wrong database info blank page issue fixed.
- Added database keyost_prefix field
- Fixed mysql bugs
- Fixed first time user issue.
- Headers already sent fixed.
- Creating multiple ticket pages on save has been resolved.
- Shows name in ticket threads.
- SMTP save field fix
- Offline / Offline mode fix
- Cleaned up legacy code
- Shortcode redirect fix
- Login fields added
- Register link with redirect added
- Premalink related issues fixed
- Adding new users to OSticket fixed
- Form validation fixed
- Shortcode implementation
- Cleaned up code issues
- Admin Alert Email now looks into group members aswell
- implemented Reply Separator Tag
- Fixed: Email From name
- Fixed: Many code warnings and errors in Debug mode
- And much more..
- New design for both Admin and Client end
- Uses OSTicket email address and name based up on the department
- Full HTML capable with rich text editor for both client and admin
- Admin side menu displays the amount of open tickets
- Displays “Open tickets” in the top admin menu when open tickets are available Displays “Support tickets” when no open ticket is available.
- Added Answered status to both admin and client side
- Security Fix: Client no longer able to see everyones ticket by entering the ticket id in the url.
- Fix: User/ priority/ status fields compatible with OSTicket 1.9
- Fix: Using department instead of Topic
- Fix: If not logged in to WordPress it will redirect you to the WordPress login (works with Theme my login plugin)
Grab the plugin from the WordPress.Org Repository here: