Last night the iThemes security team pushed out a new update for their namesake plugin. This is a security update and also includes a handful of bug fixes. With over a half million installations it is is bound to affect someone. Make sure you are updating your plugins regularly.
I would also be expecting more security and bug fix issues in the near future, IThemes Security seems like it might be falling behind a little on the support forum with only 14 of 82 tickets answered over the last 2 months.
I hope this is not a bad sign. It is very possible that they are simply too busy working on the plugin itself and don’t forget they offer several other plugins as well (Buddy Press, Backup Buddy, and their Theme Builder Framework)
I do hope they get someone onto the support forums to make sure user concerns are being addressed.
If you have been having issues with your setup of the Ithemes Security Plugin, please make sure you document the exact nature of the problem before asking for help. Check the support form here: Ithemes Security Support @ WordPress
If you can’t get help there then I will try to help if I can. If needed I will post a walk-through of the more common settings if people want one.
Last Updated: 9/27/2016
Requires: 4.1+ or higher
Compatible up to: 4.6.1
Average 5-Star Rating: 4.5
- Security Fix: Fixed issue where a locked out but not yet blacklisted IP/user could receive different HTTP headers when testing a valid username/password combination. Thanks Leon Atkinson of 18INT for contacting us about this issue.
- Security Fix: Updated log output to prevent specific kinds of logged requests from displaying without sanitization. Thanks to Slavco Mihajloski for contacting us about this issue.
- Bug Fix: The Security > Security Check link now works as expected in multisite.
- Bug Fix: Fixed bug that could prevent the “Filter Long URL Strings” feature from working properly.
- Bug Fix: Removed restrictions in the “Filter Long URL Strings” feature that were unrelated to request length.
- Bug Fix: Corrected a settings description typo in Global Settings.
- Bug Fix: Fixed bug that could result in issues authenticating over XML-RPC when the WordPress Tweaks > Multiple Authentication Attempts per XML-RPC Request setting is set to “Block”.
- Misc: Added placeholder for the Version Management module of iThemes Security Pro.
- Misc: Updated build number to trigger some updates.
Check out previous updates and posts related to Ithemes Security:
- http://Plugin Updates – iThemes Security (formerly Better WP Security)
- http://Plugin Updates – Better WP Security, Theme-Check and WP Content Copy Protection