Recent Update News From Yoast Seo
Another recent update from the folks over at Yoast Seo. Last week version 3.5 of the popular plugin Yoast Seo was released with over 30 updates and bug fixes. This seems to be a decent update since version 3.4 of Yoast Seo was only released in July of 2016, roughly 8 weeks ago. Looks like they’re keeping quite busy. A quick glance at the support forums shows a surprisingly high number of tickets, over 300 as of this post.
It looks like there are several problems witht he Facebook integrations and several minor issues. I have encountered only an issue with the sitemap functionality of this plugin, which for now has been temporarily replaced using the Google Sitemap Plugin
If you have not read through the setup guide you can check that out here: WordPress SEO Tutorial • The Definitive Guide.
Author: Joost de Valk
Last Updated: 9/7/2016
Requires: 4.3+ or higher
Compatible up to: 4.6.1
Average 5-Star Rating: 4
Release Date: September 7th, 2016
- Adds Flesch Reading tests for Dutch and German.
- Added info about author links in theme to disable setting on archives settings page.
- Explicitly checks for public post type status when creating sitemap.
- Removes frequency and priority from sitemap, see release post for clarification.
- Improves sitemap “blocking files” notification.
- Improves sitemap generation for posts when dealing with a large number of posts.
- Improves reliability in some PHP configurations.
- Improves styling for notices below tabs.
- Adds @id fields to JSON LD output.
- Adds table headings and labels to the bulk editor.
- Improves the accessibility of the bulk editor.
- Prevented loading the network admin when not network active.
- Don’t show keyword filter in post list when keyword analysis is disabled.
- Improves message for settings import.
- Adds translations for notification counts.
- Makes upload image buttons translatable.
- Improves alignment of form fields.
- Adds descriptions for breadcrumb and canonicals on category pages.
- Improves accessibility on plugin conflict notification links.
- Fixes a bug where a new post with focus keyword would show up as a post without a keyword on the dashboard.
- Fixes a bug that would break rich term descriptions with large images.
- Fixes cache check in dashboard widget, which could cause unnecessary queries.
- No longer load toolbar styles when toolbar is disabled.
- Fixes a bug to prevent “cannot modify headers” notice on export.
- Fixes a bug to improve passive voice recognition.
- Fixes a bug to improve sentence detection.
- Fixes a bug that prevented the markings from working correctly.
- Fixes a bug where select2 would generate a 404 on a non-supported language.
- Fixes a bug where HTML attributes could be translated.
- Fixes a bug where the
og:imagetag would be omitted.
- Fixes a bug for canonicals for search pages with empty search queries.