Plugin Updates – SlimStat and Thirsty Affiliates
With the recent updates of WordPress to the Parker Release (3.8), developers are working hard to make updates as well.
As one of our favorite stats plugins, the team over at WP SlimStat is right on the ball. Make sure you check out the recent changes for this plugin as they have changed considerably in this newest version. Also, note that you must be using WordPress 3.8 with this most recent update of SlimStat. If you upgrade the plugins without making the jump to WordPress 3.8 you will not see working stats on your dashboard.
Last Updated: 12/18/2013
Requires WordPress Version: 3.2 or higher
Compatible up to: 3.8
- [Note] Please make sure to clear your browser cache, if your reports look all messy and broken!
- [New] A polished and fully responsive interface, optimized for the new WordPress 3.8 admin layout. If you’re still using WP 3.7 or earlier, you may want to stick to version 3.4.3.
- [New] Implemented SlimScroll (what else? hehe) by Piotr Rochala.
- [New] Added qTip 2 to handle tooltips and contextual help.
- [New] Added two new reports: who’s currently online (registered users), and top language families (thank you, Vitaly)
- [New] Now you can track ‘fake’ pageviews (if events are not enough for you)
- [New] Pagination has been added to most reports: now you will not miss anything!
- [Update] The ‘Latest News’ ribbon is now only displayed within the report screens, and it disappears automatically after 5 minutes.
- [Update] Browscap has been updated to version 5021-b9, released on Dec 8, 2013
- [Updade] Most add-ons have been updated to use the new look and feel, icons, etc.
- [Update] All the Settings screens have been reorganized and redesigned (and are now fully responsive!). We replaced the old “for geeks only” descriptions with new ones, easier to understand.
- [Update] The plugin’s source code is being consolidated and reorganized. You reports will now load faster than ever!
- [Update] Added new icon for Windows 8.1
- [Update] MaxMind / Geolocation database updated to December 2013
- [Fix] Bug on masking IP Addresses on 32-bit systems (thank you, Per)
We like the new look and feel of the SlimStat packages. We expect to see a few bug fixes over the next few weeks as more and more people test this new version. We love the direction this plugin is going and it should be our favorite stats plugin for a long time to come.
This is a nice little affiliate linking plugin that is pretty widely in use. There has been a recent security update for this plugin to fix an issue with special characters (such as !@#$%^&) causing invalid redirects, which when it is a commission based link your sending people to you want it to work properly.
- Version: 2.3.1
- Author: ThirstyAffiliates
- Last Updated: 12/12/2013
- Requires WordPress Version:3.4 or higher
- Compatible up to: 3.8
- IMPORTANT BUG FIX: Fixed issue with special char filtering causing invalid redirects on some merchants, advise people who are on 2.3 to update to this version immediately.
- New Feature: Added the option to choose a global redirect type (301 or 302 at this stage) and also the option to override this per link
- Admin layout compatiblity with WordPress 3.8 specifically responsiveness
- Changed menu name to Affiliate Links as 3.8 made ThirstyAffiliates word wrap to the next line
- Inserting images using the link picker stopped working due to imageID not being passed properly
- Moving some core styles for the settings page to the core stylesheet
- Improved data filtering function to selectively strip html on input data
- Filtered data wasn’t being passed to array elements properly and hence was unfiltered