SDU Login Zero Tolerance Policy
Just for those who actually read our website, Please be aware we have a Zero Tolerance Policy in place.
SDU does not offer public access to the login or registration functions of this site. This is a private site. Users attempting to access the login panels, will be banned from the system.
We realize that occasionally a user does attempt to login. Which we would agree on most normal sites that have a link to the login or registration pages.
Note that our site does not display these links. Which we take to mean that someone has to enter them manually or via a script attempting to access and brute force their way into our site.
For anyone interested, here are some basic security measures that we implement in order to piss hackers and spammers off. Have fun.
Our basic security features include, but are not limited to:
- No “admin” username – any login under “admin” is automatically blocked
- Any IP Address using “admin” username Permanently Banned
- No Simple Admin Usernames – all admins are required to use secure usernames (multiple words + numbers + random reference)
- Randomized Long Passwords – ALL users (and admins) must use randomly generated secure passwords (Random letter + number + symbol + capitalization)
- Randomly generated and encrypted actual login locations – we change the login page location
- Login Pages Restricted By IP Address
- Login Page Reroutes to 404 error for non-authorized users
- 404 errors logged and banned by the system
- Common wp-login.php attempts from non-authorized IP addresses Permanently Banned
- Passwords Changed At Random Intervals
- Admin Usernames Changed At Random Intervals
- No Administrators are allowed to post using Admin Accounts. (including myself)
- No authors have administrator privileges (including myself)
- We log all activity to the site (including admins and users)
- We log and track all changes to site files
- We log and track all login attempts (passed and failed attempts)
- We manually and routinely check all website stats for intrusion attempts
- checksum verification process of all updates
- daily backups and maintenance
Please note this is just a small list of the basic security measures we implement on this site alone.
We understand that nothing is totally and absolutely secure, (not even Fort Knox), and that there is always a chance. We just aren’t going to make it easy for you.
We love to publish content. We enjoy helping others keep their WordPress installations more secure. What we do not enjoy is having to deal with people looking to cause trouble to our sites just for the hell of it.
Any users who would like to learn more should follow us and come back often for updated content and articles.